Email Whitelist Instructions
Your providers do the best they can to keep spam out, but sometimes the systems they use mistakenly catch good mail along with it. We ask that you add us to your trusted list of senders, contacts or address book. All also known as “Whitelisting.”
If you do not see an email from Broken Chains International in your Inbox, my email may have mistakenly been sent to your spam folder.
Please open your spam folder and if you find an email from Broken Chains International open it and mark it as “Not spam”…
NEXT: Click on the providers or software you use to see how to make sure you get the mail from firstname.lastname@example.org you have asked for.
Is your email client or spam filter not listed above?
If Broken Chains International is being filtered, try adding email@example.com to your Address Book or Contact list.
If messages continue to be sent to your junk folder contact your ISP or spam filter application support and ask how to whitelist firstname.lastname@example.org.
To make sure our email gets delivered to your Inbox, you must add Broken Chains International to your contacts list.
If you do not readily find an email from Broken Chains International…
Please check your Gmail Spam Folder:
- – If you see the email from Broken Chains International: Open the Email.
- – Click the button on the toolbar, labeled Not spam
Next please, add Broken Chains International to your Contacts list:
- – Open the email from Broken Chains International.
- – Click the drop down arrow next to “Reply” in the upper right side the email from header.
- – Click the “Add Broken Chains International to Contacts List” from the list that appears.
- – If Broken Chains International does not appear in the dropdown list? Then you probably have already added Broken Chains International to Contacts.